Puneet oversees the execution of Unum’s comprehensive, long-term information technology strategy. Prior to joining Unum, he was EVP of Corporate Operations and President of the Recycling Division at Waste Management. He earlier had senior technology and product management roles at Monster.com, Putnam Investments, and Ryder. Early in his career, he founded a startup that developed decision support systems for the transportation, travel, and hospitality industries and was ultimately acquired by Ryder.
In this interview, Puneet discusses:
- The evolving needs of the customer in the digital age
- How automation optimizes core processes in the organisation
- Changing role of the CIO in the last few years
- Unum’s strategy on digital transformation
- Advice for peers in this space
About Unum Insurance
Unum Group is a Fortune 50 insurance company formerly known as UnumProvident. Unum is the top disability insurer in both the United States and United Kingdom and also offers other insurance products including accident, critical illness and life insurance.