Effective date: May 25, 2016
Welcome to HCL (HCL Legal Entity or “we”). We at HCL are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This Privacy Statement describes how we may collect, use, share, and keep information about you and what choices you have.
This Privacy Statement applies to most of our public-facing HCL websites and other online offerings and will be available by link on all sites and offerings which it covers. Other HCL websites, apps, or online offerings may collect and use data about you in a different way and so publish a different HCL Privacy Statement. We encourage you to take a moment to look at the applicable Statement, available by link at the bottom of the homepage or as you download an app.
Use of the websites or offerings covered by this Statement indicates your consent to the practices described.
What is in this Privacy Statement?
- What information do we collect about you?
- How do we use and share information about you?
- What choices do you have?
- More information about cookies.
- How do we safeguard Information?
- Other important information.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information that you supply to us when you choose to contact us for more information or when you register for one of our websites or offerings. You supply the information directly to us or indirectly by using your credentials from third parties such as LinkedIn or Facebook. This data typically includes your name, professional credentials, email address and other contact data. We may append data from other sources to supplement what you give us. We do, on occasion, obtain or license contact information from third parties for limited marketing purposes.
We gather date, time, certain information about a user's browser and system or device configuration and capabilities, navigation history and IP address for all visitors to our web sites. We may use this information for our internal security audit log, for trend analysis and system administration and to gather broad information about our audiences. We do not routinely link IP addresses to anything that identifies you as an individual.
How do we use and share information?
We may use information we collect:
- To understand our audience and improve how our websites work.
- To answer your questions.
- To market and advertise our products and services to you.
- To allow you to publish comments and participate in professional web-based forums.
- To provide you with the information/support you requested.
What choices do you have?
You have a choice about:
- Whether to receive email marketing messages from us. You may opt out of our email marketing lists by following the directions at the bottom of our promotional emails. Please note that we have a number of brands and products and allow you to opt out selectively. To remove a specific email address from all HCL email marketing, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whether to share information about yourself and your use of our sites with third parties including social media sites.
- If you join one of our online communities, such as straighttalk.hcltech.com, your comments as well as certain information about you may be visible to other members of the community. Please take a moment to understand how each forum works and what choices you have.
- If you use credentials from a third party, like Facebook, to register, then that third party will also record the fact that you have registered for our sites and may use that information consistent with its own privacy statements and practices.
If you use Share, Like or similar social media buttons, of course, those comments may be posted elsewhere.
- Whether to allow certain uses of cookies and other data collection technologies, please see More information about cookies.
How do we safeguard information?
We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your information. However, we would like to inform you that because of the constitution of the Internet, the rules of data protection and the security measures mentioned above may not be observed by others, persons or institutions beyond our control. Especially unencrypted data - even sent via E-mail - can be read by third parties. We have no technical influence to avoid this. The user has the responsibility to protect the information he/she provides, especially user name and passwords, from misuse, by encryption or other means.
Other important information.
We collect, store, and process information on servers around the world and may access that data globally.
Our sites contain links to other websites not owned by HCL. We do not control the content or privacy practices of those sites.
We reserve the right to disclose information about in you to third parties in certain circumstances: to vendors that work on our behalf, to law enforcement when we have a good- faith belief that it is necessary to comply with a court order, ongoing judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us, to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, to protect human safety or our networks or property, or as part of a sale or merger of our business assets.
Our websites and offerings are directed to people in their business or professional capacities. They are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit data online from, or market online to, children under 13 years of age.
We may change this Privacy Statement and if we do, we will update the “Effective Date” at the top of this page.
For questions regarding this Privacy Statement, practices of the website, or any other transaction issue, please send an email to email@example.com or contact us at the address below:
Attn: Privacy and Data Protection Office, HCL America Inc., 623 5th Avenue, 19th Floor, New York, NY 10022
Attn: Privacy and Data Protection Office, HCL Technologies Ltd., 68 King William Street, London, EC4N 7DZ