Jim, a 28-year veteran of P&G, is responsible for all real estate supporting P&G’s global operations. P&G’s real estate portfolio consists of over 500 locations and 130 million square feet worldwide. He holds daily accountability for site services (facilities management and employee IT delivery) encompassing P&G’s corporate and regional headquarters, sales offices, and R&D/technical centers touching +40,000 employees in over 130 locations around the globe.
In this video, he talks about:
- The qualities needed to be a good leader in the digital era
- The importance of “reverse mentorship”
- How an organization can help develop leadership in the age of digital disruption
- Where the next wave of technology leaders will come from
- His advice to aspiring IT leaders
The Procter & Gamble Company provides branded consumer packaged goods to consumers around the world. The company operates through five segments: Beauty; Grooming; Health Care; Fabric & Home Care; and Baby, Feminine & Family Care. The Company sells its products in approximately 180 countries and territories, primarily through mass merchandisers, grocery stores, membership club stores, drug stores, department stores, distributors, baby stores, specialty beauty stores, e-commerce, high-frequency stores, and pharmacies.